I love you, my wild an wonderful boy
who pops bubbles with his nose.
You, who always wants to wash his hands for the chance to splash,
who vibrates when he's really frustrated.
You never want to go to sleep
and are adamant about what books you do not want to read.
You throw things just to see how they'll bounce
and love to flop around on the bed like a fish.
You could spend hours playing with electronics and plugging in cords
and you like to lie on your back on the floor
just because.
Your hair forms dreads in the back because you hate to have it combed
and you abhor having your face washed, even when you blow snot bubbles the size of Kansas.
I have so much fun when you crawl all over me when I lie on the floor,
and we play airplane and I flip you upside down -
feed the brain cells as your grandpa would say-
and we both giggle till we can hardly breathe.
I love you even though you seem to save all of your vomit for my lap
and you never eat enough.
You want very badly to play on the computer and blow bubbles yourself
and sputter any time we rinse your hair in the bath.
You love your dog really try to be friends with the cats
in spite of their resistance.
You grab my leg and pull me toward the door when you want to go outside,
which is almost always.
You can always make me smile.
I love the way your jaw works when you're falling asleep
and that you like to get into everything -
even though it means messes and difficulty for me -
and we find footballs in cupboards and books under cushions.
I love our adventures and our trials,
and I adore you!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment