Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chelsey + Kirk + Camden + Sir Flopsalot = No Sleep

Okay, so this was so long ago, but thought I'd post it for posterity anyway. ~cm

Thump - WAH! That was our wakeup call last week. I rushed in and Camden was laying on the wood floor. Fortunately he was fine and we brought him into bed to sleep with us for the rest of the night. It was pretty obvious that this could not be a permanent solution as I think the only one who slept was Camden's stuffed rabbit (Sir Flopsalot).

So the next night we put him back into his crib and went in to check on him whenever he was up so that we could keep him from climbing out. This resulted in the worst night of sleep since he was an infant. Something had to be done.

Luckily a very clever man lives in this house. When Kirk got home from work he went straight to work on his plan - first checking with the crib creator (Grandpa Bob) and we now have a temporarily toddler-proof crib. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to scale the walls soon enough, but in the meantime, we're working on better baby-proofing of his room.

No comments: