Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Beginning - Chelsey

I had been feeling a little wierd for a couple of days and when I got up that morning for our long drive to S.D., I figured I should probably take a test. I almost put it off for a few days, but decided since we'll be around family, I wanted to know. I didn't even tell Kirk I was going to do it. I was only half awake, so when I was seeing two lines, I just kind of stared at it for a while. Then I called Kirk in. I feel like I should have made more of a big deal about it, but it was all so surreal, I felt like I was still dreaming. I was scared and excited and a whole bundle of emotions at the same time!

For the first week or so, I felt anxious all of the time. My parents were in town the day after the funeral on their way back home the next day. We had all just finished eating, when I said I had an announcement. I think it might have been Kim, who said, "you're pregnant!" When I nodded there was a cheer that went up, as much as you can get for three people. Sadly my brother wasn't there to share the good news with us. We missed him sharing it with us a lot, but he had to work that day and wasn't able to be there. Mom and Dad both got all teary eyed and excited. It was great to be able to tell them.

And thus, we embark on this great adventure!
~Chelsey

No comments: