Not something to be taken lightly we decided we needed to get certain things in order. We bought a bigger house and started planning a trip to Norway. We'd been talking about going to Norway ever since we met and it seemed like it would be awfully difficult with a newborn so we needed to scratch that off the list. We knew we could scratch it off the list by simply picking up a pencil and scratching away but as it turns out it is far more fun to actually DO the task and thus metaphorically scratch it off the metaphorical list by actually doing said activity. Literally clear?That was six months ago. We decided after Norway we would casually try to knock Chelsey up. Nothing happened. Now I heard though the grapevine from another couple I know (who actually went to the trouble of discussing these matters with a doctor) that you give the old baby making a try for six months before you come in to ask the professionals to perform a, um, gear check.
Did I mention this was six months ago?
Last Saturday morning Chelsey and I got up at 4:00 a.m. to go to her Great Aunt Joyce's funeral in South Dakota. I got dressed with bleary eyes and as I buttoned my shirt up Chelsey asked me if I could come into the bathroom to look at something. She was holding a pregnancy test and she said something along the lines of. "It hasn't been the full amount of time yet but . . ." Like a developing polaroid picture you could clearly see the second red line appearing in the little window. I don't recall exactly what was said next. Something like, "Wow." There was hugging and then we ran downstairs, hopped in the car and agreed we wouldn't tell anyone.
Yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment