Thursday, February 21, 2008

Self-Healing Rubber for Toys?




I'm gonna eat you!
(as long as you weren't made in China)


The French are known for some the very best things - kisses, chocolate, bread. Now it looks like they may have done it again. They've made a new plastic out of vegetable oil and a component of urine.

Yes, you read that right, urine.

One of the uses they suggest is for kid's toys. Since kids break toys all the time, they think it would be great if they could put them back together. Okay, so we've got a plastic toy made with urine, which if you're a kid, goes where? Yep straight in the mouth. So they'd be sucking on a urine covered toy.
Hey, at least it would be par for the course.

At least we've learned through the course of parenting that urine is sterile - right Kim?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute picture. Looks like someone I used to know. Kermit I mean.