Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camden's Ten Month's Old

A blog post is long overdue. I'll have to be quick as Cam is demanding attention as he stands next to my chair pulling on the bungee cords on my fleece vest. This kids is a standing walking maniac. He's long preferred to be upright and now he's fabulous at standing and he's getting really good at walking. He took his first steps around the start of the state fair and by the end of the fair, twelve days later, he was walking taking up to six steps. Now he's walking all over the house and regularly climbing the wood stairs to his room.
Here's Camden with a dirty face after a messy eat-attack on milk, crackers, cheese poofs, and some sort of chicken puree concoction.

I have some video of Camden walking. It makes the video below of him taking three steps look like a joke. He's on the verge of running. He ran about four feet today. Oh boy.

Okay, I have to confess, I doctored up the above photo a little. Camden is currently sporting some nasty facial scabs. He must have fallen in the pack-and-play and gotten the equivalent of rug burn on his face by rubbing up against the mesh sides. It just looked a little red when I came home, like when you fall asleep on your arm or something and it makes a temporary reddish spot but as the night wore on it got redder and then turned to some scabs. Everyone is giving Kim a lot of crap as it happened on her watch and even though he is perfectly fine it looks like he rode down the stairs on his face or something. The food plastered across his cheeks makes it look worse. This is his first day wearing his new striped sweater and his elephant shoes. He got the elephant shoes from grandma Mona who found them for an incredible steal. Still, Donkey shoes would be more appropriate. We don't want him to grow up hating middle class people like that John, I own seven houses, McCain.

~Kirk

2 comments:

Lucas said...

Even with the facial...blemishes, he is adorable as always!!!

Jamie said...

He seriously has to be one of the cutest kids I've seen.
And I would watch out for those elephant shoes too! :)