Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween and Pumpkin Patch

I just wanted to get a few of the photos from the last couple of weeks up for you.

We went to the library when Kirk was working last week. Camden was so excited to go! His favorite thing is to play in the play area, particularly with the play kitchen.
We took advantage of the one nice day we've had this month and took Cam out to the pumpkin patch.



Cam fed the pig.



He fills out the $14 pumpkin spot much more this year!


We attempted a re-creation of a photo of Kirk at this age, but Camden was not feeling it.

We also took Cam to the Zoo Boo at Como park last weekend. He had a lot of fun seeing all of the people dressed up. Here he is in the costume I whipped up during his nap on Sunday.


He was pretty excited about it and even pretended to roar. He didn't want to leave. The Zoo Boo itself was alright. They kind of guide you through a course around the zoo, so Cam didn't get much chance to just run, which was a little annoying, but I can see why they do it that way.

In other news, Kirk dug up his old Brio train stuff at his parents and Cam's been having a lot of fun with that. He asks to play choo choos as soon as he wakes up in the morning. His current favorite phrases are have it or Camden have it, mine, no, and go potty (sometimes at 3am). We've started informal potty training a couple of weeks ago with him since he's been asking about it. Some days he'll use the toilet all day, other days he won't use it at all. We're just letting him lead us right now, though I'm sure experts would probably tell us to do otherwise, but we don't want to push him since he's starting so early. I thought the novelty would wear off quickly, but he still seems interested (sometimes) so hopefully it keeps up. He's pretty good about that but we seem to be hitting the terrible 2 tantrums a little early, they sure are escalating. I hear the 3's are even worse. Great.

No comments: