Apparently this one sleeps like his momma, tossing and turning. I felt him for the first time the other day. It was such a subtle flutter, I would have missed it if I hadn't been paying close attention. I was getting anxious since it seemed to be getting late, but since we just had an ultrasound and an appointment, I was pretty sure he was doing okay. I also read that if you have strong abs (believe me they are under there) that you don't feel the kid as soon as others. Good thing I did all those pilates last year. Nonetheless, it was a relief to feel him. He's making his presence a little more obvious by kicking out once in a while. I probably won't appreciate it too much once he's huge and he keeps kicking me.
It seems that he likes holidays since big events seem to happen then. We found out about him on St. Patricks day (of all the days to stop drinking!), my nine months started on Valentines day, and he's due on Thanksgiving. Now he's kicking around on the 4th.
My sister and Kristen are eager to get a shower going, and want us to register, so we've been doing research on the stuff we'll need. Wow, there's so much stuff out there, and I'm sure you don't really need half of it. Fortunately there are a lot of things that Kristen's willing to lend us, so we'll be good on a car seat, and various toys. We for sure want to get a pack and play with a changing platform since the bedroom will be upstairs. What is it with baby products and pastel plaids? It seems that's what everything has on it. So after some trips last week, I think we're going to register at both Target and Babies R Us. We found a stroller and some bedding we really like at Babies R Us, and there's lots of good stuff at Target. I'm also setting up a wish list online for all of those clever things I've found out there, at least so I'll remember where it was when I want to go back and get it. Kristen's recommended some good stuff that worked well with Avery.
That's all for now.
~Chelsey
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
wait until he punches you in the kidney!!
I'm so excited for you!!!!
-Lisa
I have one point of contention in Chelsey's post. She said that, "there's lots of good stuff at Target" which I completely disagree about. I thought there was a lot of ugly plaid/girly cheap crap at Target. Their selection is limited and displayed poorly.
~Kirk
Yay!! A cute little boy on the way. Now I know you have great girl names picked out, but Kaylee just won't work for a boy. Sorry. So in exchange, I am suggesting Jayne. What can be more manly than that? :)
Jayne Cobb Mona
What's that? TWO suggestions of Jayne?
Okay, let me clarify, the store is definately lacking, though there are some cute things. There's a ton more stuff online, though.
Post a Comment