Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kickin it with my kid

So in a milestone, I have now felt the baby kick. Chelsey has been feeling him for a while from the inside but last week actually started to feel him kick from the outside with her hand. I tried a few days ago and couldn't feel anything. I guess it helps when you can feel it from the inside at the same time. He was pretty active yesterday evening (Monday) so I tried again not expecting much. It is pretty tough as there were a couple of times I thought I felt something but I could also feel my pulse in my hands and muscle tremors. It is amazing how many little bumps and sensations you feel in your hands when you concentrate on them. Basically, I felt stuff but wasn't sure it was anything. Then, just before falling asleep I put my hand on her belly and within a few seconds there was a really big double kick.

I felt it pretty strong and Chelsey said it was one the biggest kicks she has felt yet. Cool timing! It was cool to feel it but honestly it doesn't feel like much. I think Chelsey is a little weirded out by it all. As he does somersaults in her belly it sometimes makes her feel a little off or queasy like she has been on a ride or something. Anyhow, one more milestone down.

Nerd Note: Milestone literally means mile stones. The used to put piles of rocks every mile to mark distances. Duh.

~Kirk

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes.

Kirk said...

You're picturing that scene from Aliens aren't you.

Unknown said...

Nah, the spoof from spaceballs.

Chelsey said...

Hello my baby, hello my honey!

Unknown said...

Dude, the baby ticker has got to go. You're ruining hotdogs for me!