Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Squirmy the Worm

I just want to point out in light of all of the holiday milestones, that Kirk's last post about feeling him kick was on my birthday. Okay, so maybe it's not technically a holiday, but really, shouldn't it be?

I'm getting more used to the movement now. He's really active when I'm still, particularly in the evening around dinner. The doctor says that I should be feeling at least 10 kicks in an hour and I'm feeling way more than that. Man, can this kid move. I'm not as weirded out by it all anymore, and I kind of look forward to feeling him.

I had another new experience the other day. I was looking in on my sister's cat and while she was sitting on my lap, I could see the baby kick. My belly just kind of bumped out like a spasm. Talk about an alien moment! So strange to see.

Anyway, we're both doing well and everything's going smoothly. I thought I was in my third trimester, but I guess that's not until 26 week, so I guess it's not really by the month. I can't wait for our rooms upstairs to be done as the current state of the house is stressing me out. Kirk's been really nice in my insaner moments and is trying really hard to get things done. I can see the light, but everything takes much longer than it seems like it should, so I'm not getting my hopes up to be done anytime soon.

That's all for now.
~cm

2 comments:

Kirk said...

Yes well, the fact that I am in the Hell Creek Formation in the SW corner of North Dakota digging up dinosaurs right now instead of working on the baby's room may delay the project! :)

We got rained out today (thus the access to the computer lab) but we'l be back out in the heat tomorrow looking for dinos.

Unknown said...

You guys are funny.