Thursday, September 20, 2007

Name Update

As you can see we've narrowed down the possible names for our kid. In the last name post we had 10 names still in the running and we've now cut that in half. It is going to get harder and harder as we whittle these down further.




NameMeaningOriginRank in 2006
Beck (Beckket)Dweller near the brook/streamBeck(Old Norse)
Beckett (Irish)
758
Camden From the winding valleyScottish/Gaelic221
Kylan Narrow piece of landAmerican740
Kaiden Spirited English242
Marshall One who works with horsesOld German/Old French
417

Of these names, all are on an upward popularity trend except Marshall.

2 comments:

Lenny said...

Dangit, my selection didn't make the cut. Oh well, I guess my kid will have to suffer, then. ;)

Unknown said...

Since I have already started calling the baby Camden, I think it might be confusing to him if you suddenly switch up his name.

Kidding. I like all of them except Marshall. As a person who spent 27 years in alliteration hell, please don't do that to my little friend Camden.