Oh sleep, why must you be so elusive? Up until my 3rd trimester, I'd been sleeping like a baby (in the symbolic sense) now I'm sleeping like a baby in the true sense (awake every few hours). In spite of Ursula (the pregnancy pillow Kristen lent me) and our sleep number bed, I wake up every night from pain in the muscle that goes from my spine to my hip (Andrea, what's that called?) so I spend half the night sleeping sitting up, if I can. Sometimes I go downstairs and sleep on the sofa. Ursula is so big that one morning Kirk thought I was still in bed and didn't realize I had gone down to the sofa!
And for some reason, I've been waking up at 4:30 every morning and can't get back to sleep for an hour or so. I guess my body is trying to prepare me for what it will be like with baby, but it seems more like a cruel trick to rob me of my last few months of solid sleep. Anyway, at the doc's suggestion, a combination of bendryl and tylenol seems to help, but I've stopped with the benedryl because the baby doesn't seem as active after I've taken it a few nights in a row. Probably just seems that way, due to my paranoia, but the benedryl really only help me fall asleep, which hasn't been much of a problem for me.
Well, in spite of it all, I'm just thankful I'm not on bedrest!
~Chelsey
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Almost there...you can do it!
Are you talking about Quadratus Lumborum? (aka, the one that I hurt and couldn't rotate) That runs more along the spine. Or it could be the Psoas Major. That run between one of the lowest vertebrae and your lower hip on the inside. I am such a geek.
Post a Comment