My doctor's appointment is in less than two days and I'm so ready to go! When I first found out I did a bunch of research about what I can do and eat and such, and I finally went out and got a book, so I could keep up on it all. I kind of pisses me off though, that the won't see you until you're already almost through the first trimester. I still have a bunch of questions to ask, and I'm a little paranoid that there's something I don't know about. I know that people had lots of healthy babies before we knew about all of the dangers of smoking, drinking, listeria, etc. but there are a lot more unnatural things that get into our bodies these days that people never had to worry about before, so you're body's already working harder than it needs to just to stay healthy. Now there's smog, and leeching plastics, and high fructose corn syrup, and tons of chemicals listed on about everything we consume. I know the answer is to go totally organic and whole foods and such, but anyway, I digress.
I'm not really sure what to expect from the first appointment, but I'm hoping it doesn't involve any huge needles. I have heard from Julie that you get to hear the heartbeat at this appointment, so I'm really looking forward to that. In spite of feeling kind of crappy, I don't really feel pregnant, so I think this will really make it feel real. I'm afraid I'm going to go in and find out it's just a false alarm, though it sounds like that's not possible if the pregnancy test was positive.
This week the fetus as it's now called, is about 2 inches long, which is still tiny, but it's starting to look more human. Most organs are in place and it's starting to get fingernails and hair. It still has a huge melon, though, like Sputnik! I'm can't wait to find out what it's going to be, but I think that's a ways down the road, if we happen to get a good enough view on the ultrasound.
I also had my first belly pat yesterday, even though I'm not really "showing". What a weird term. It's just a nice way to say fat, but I'm not really concerned about that. I know I'm not going to be the twiggy little model pregnant chic who looks like she's got a basketball under her shirt. I've gotten a couple of maternity things on sale, so I've got a little bit stocked up for when I need it, but for now I'm just wearing my looser clothes.
So Tuesday we'll have more information to share and we can finally release this to the wolves. And I get to tell work -- scary! I'm sure they'll be great about it, but I'm nervous. It's hard to believe that I'm almost through my first trimester.
~Chelsey
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment