Monday, March 31, 2008

Cam's new habit - Creative Clothing

Camden's newest thing is absently scratching his head. He looks like he's pondering life's big questions - what's with that moving fuzzy thing Mom and Dad call Odin? if I screech really loud will I get everyone's attention? Sometimes I think he's really an old man disguised as a baby.

I came across the Ittikid site the other day and I just loved their creative kids clothing. The patterns are really colorful and imaginative, a nice change from the pastels most baby clothes are made from. I think it's important to instill a sense of wonder and creativity into every part of life, so it's fun to see this kind of stuff out there. Now if only I could afford it.

Someone asked me the other day how the cloth diapering thing was going. I have to say, I really like it. It's not nearly as much of a pain as I thought it would be. And, if we run out of diapers, we just need to run them through the wash instead of going out to the store to get more. We still use the disposables when we're out and about and sometimes at night. I think Camden's getting over his hatred of being wet, though, as he seems to only get crabby when he's wet his diaper instead of the full out screaming he used to do the instant he peed. Maybe the newfound tolerance of wetness is why he's getting better at baths, too. I thought that as he got stinkier, the cloth diapers would be more of a problem, but let me tell you, his cloth diapers which get put in a good diaper bag and pail stink far less than the disposables stored in just a plastic trash bag.

3 comments:

Lucas said...

so, now I have a question for you! I just invested in a handful of Cloth diapers b/c I think they will help with potty training. Anyways, what do you find is best to wash them in? Do you just use your reg. detergent?

Lenny said...

Run out of diapers? Impossible! They come in boxes of 200 at costco. ;)

Kirk said...

We just empty the bag into the washing machine on the setting for the dirtiest clothes and then throw the bag in too. We use one cap of Method which is our regular detergent that has no dyes or perfumes. We use warm water. It is important to NOT use a dryer sheet as they ruin the absorbency of the diapers.